7 Healthy Habits To Take Care of The Body In Winnipeg MB
Did you know that healthy habits are a series of decisions that you make in your day to day and that allow you to feel better? They even help to prevent health problems in Winnipeg MB.
Throughout the day we tend to have many habits, and most of us do them without even thinking about them, but the truth is that our habits are often unhealthy.
Each beginning of the year is an opportunity to implement positive changes in our lives, but those changes require consistency.
7 Healthy Habits in Winnipeg MB
How about you start with this list of 7 healthy habits that we have created for you?
- Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables to at least five daily servings (400 grams). To have a balanced diet, reduce your total fat intake to less than 30% and try to make the majority of it so-called good fats, for example: olive oil, fish, avocados, and nuts. Sodium is another important aspect that you should take into account. So, ideally, you should not consume more than 5 grams per day, that is, less than a teaspoon.
- Exercise is a key factor in staying healthy. Exercise strengthens bones, heart and lungs, tones muscles, improves vitality, relieves depression and helps you sleep better. The WHO recommends at least 150 to 300 minutes of moderate to vigorous aerobic activity per week for all adults and an average of 60 minutes per day for children and adolescents.
- Avoid or reduce toxic substances such as alcohol and tobacco. According to PAHO when quitting smoking the benefits are immediate. Within 20 minutes, the heart rate and blood pressure drop, and within 12 hours, the level of carbon monoxide in the blood returns to normal. The WHO indicates that alcohol abuse is an important health factor, being a causal factor in more than 200 diseases and injuries.
- Visit the chiropractor regularly. Thanks to the benefits of chiropractic, the normal alignment of the spine is restored. Helps reduce pain naturally, reduces the probability of suffering muscle contractures, promotes greater physical performance, it helps to reduce stress and it is possible that your sleep quality is better, increases flexibility. This is a good time to make your visit plan for the coming months with Connect Chiropractic in Winnipeg, insurance benefits are usually renewed in the new year.
- Regularly check your weight. The WHO indicates that obesity affects most body systems: the heart, liver, kidneys, joints, and reproductive system.
- Take care of your mental health. Some tips that can help you are: Stay active, eat healthy and sleep well, keep a positive attitude and be grateful for the good things that happen to you, talk to your loved ones and express your feelings, practice meditation and relaxation techniques. If you feel like you can't handle your emotions, see your doctor so they can refer you to an expert.
- Manage stress properly and improve your sleep hygiene. Currently it is very common that a person's hours of sleep are not of quality and are not enough, which can affect mental health, physical performance in your daily routines and significantly increase stress and depression. Some tips to help manage stress and improve the quality of sleep are: Avoid working or watching TV in bed, don't exercise right before bed, avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods at least four hours before bed, establish schedules to sleep and get up every day at the same time, restrict the use of screens at least two hours before going to sleep, practice yoga or meditation, exercise regularly, try to reduce your daily occupations. Saying “I can't today” is also a response.
73 Goulet Street
Winnipeg, MB R2H 0R5